We currently have an immediate position for a talented and passionate Junior DevOps Engineer. This position is a great fit for a highly-motivated problem solver looking to design, develop, and maintain software and tools to support building, deploying, and monitoring Asteri Network’s applications and infrastructure. The Junior DevOps Engineer will work directly with the development and engineering teams on the application delivery chain with an emphasis on operational excellence through the development of infrastructure automation.
A Day in the Life as the Junior DevOps Engineer
As Junior DevOps Engineer, you will help implement, test, deploy and support continuous integration pipelines that build and deploy to development, testing, and production environments.
Participate in project meetings with other technical staff and business owners and subject matter experts.
Assist the programmers/developers with technical issues especially those that impact releases, deployment and delivery.
Learn and support DevOps solutions that enable the optimization of the organization at the enterprise level
Maintain, support and continually improve the automated monitoring infrastructure to facilitate continuous monitoring of all environments and ensure maximum system uptime, performance, health and security
Collaborate with IT Lead, Engineering and QA to implement innovative solutions
Integrate new and best practice Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Continuous Deployment software tools that will support, enhance and grow our CI and CD capabilities
Perform requirements analysis, system design, and draft technical documentation
Participate in research and development for system engineering and product advancement
Participate in requirements gathering, design, implementation and documentation of Operations tool sets.
- Familiarity with Linux server administration and operational experience in Linux/Unix environment
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- The ability to communicate effectively and respectfully to/with other professionals, including software developers,
- Program Management, Product Management, Business Analysts…etc.
- Desire to learn and expand knowledge in development languages, applications, and tools
- Patience and ability to work well with others
- At least a two-year technical degree, or relevant experience, preferably in Computer Science or a related field
- Well versed in at LEAST one of the following programming/scripting languages: Shell, Python, Bash, Perl, C#,
- Ability to work well independently and cooperatively
Nice to Have (Bonus Points!!!):
- Experience with AWS in a production environment: EC2, S3, VPC, IAM, ELB, CloudWatch.
- Experience with supporting RESTful service architectures
- Experience with developing, deploying, and supporting software solutions in the cloud
- Experience in developing scripts to automate processes. (YAML experience is highly desired)
- Experience administering PostgreSQL or other relational databases
- CI/CD experience to do automatic release of software using Jenkins pipelines
- Linux sys admin experience:
- IT Certifications (Security+, Linux+, or any other related certs.)
- Experience with Ansible
- Experience with monitoring systems. (We are using Prometheus, but similar experience would be awesome)
- Experience working in an Agile development process
- Experience with source code control systems, branching and merging, automated unit testing frameworks, automated
- build tools, and automated deploy frameworks
- Skill in any of the following tools (will vary depending on job): Docker, Jenkins, Git, Bitbucket, Postgres (or other SQL DB) and Nginx.