- Shreveport, LA
- Bachelor’s Degree in an appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience: 2-3+ years
- WordPress: 2-3+ years
- Design: 2-3+ years
We are seeking experienced website developers/designers (2-3+ years) responsible for both back-end and front-end development, including creating WordPress themes and plugins. The position is focused on the prototyping and development of content and data-driven websites.
The candidate should have a strong understanding of industry trends and content management systems. Candidate must have an understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development, and deployment. Experience with responsive design, adaptive design, and working in Agile is strongly preferred.
We have both entry level and more senior positions available, as well as both front-end, back-end, and full stack development opportunities. View our Website Developer (backend platform and shared components) job posting here.
The Right Candidate:
Personnel is selected for their specific academic and occupational experience and their ability to communicate with others on issues that they have different opinions on. Cultivating a culture of teamwork and respect is mandatory. We provide an opportunity for growth and development, a positive work environment and strong team spirit. The right candidate is a high energy, independent thinker with the ability to learn projects quickly and anticipate project needs.
He/she must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, manage time efficiently, work on multiple projects concurrently, present and defend concepts and ideas to business partners, and communicate well. He/she has the ability to keep track of numerous projects and issues and understands the importance of following up on unresolved issues. Top candidates will be able to demonstrate a passion for client cultivation, partnership development and building strong relationships with our long-term and highly-valued clients.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Develop WordPress sites based off of a website design using a custom child theme including custom functions and plugins
- Design and implement new features, enhancements, and content of existing websites
- Work on existing websites, WordPress & non-WordPress, as needed
- Work with Divi, Extra, and other WordPress themes & child themes
- Integrate with third-party APIs
- Creation of plugins/widgets written to conform to WordPress Standards
- Building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Submit deliverables within the agreed upon deadline and budget
- Advanced WordPress
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Understanding of PHP & back-end development
- Basic MySQL/SQL Server database understanding
- Theme/template integration
- Familiarity web Google standards and usability
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Proficient understanding of responsive design & UX/UI
- Establishing and guiding the website’s architecture
- Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS
- Helping formulate an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working theme and plugin
- Proficient in design software such as Adobe Creative Suite ( Illustrator, and Photoshop)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of Google Suite (Gmail, Docs, Slides, Sheets, and Drive)
- Must be able to work with others
- Initiative to address problems and find solutions
- Able to take projects from start to finish with minimal supervision
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Capable of hitting daily and weekly deadlines
Having these are a plus:
- Experience working in Agile Development
- SEO knowledge
- Social Media Marketing
- Funnel/sales marketing
- Landing Pages
- Google Tag Manager
Asteri Networks is an analytics-driven media publisher, focusing on entertainment. Our internal teams run on agile development and cultivating a culture of honesty, teamwork, and excellence. We pride ourselves on giving our team a career which they look forward to building.
Thousands of game and app developers spend their time creating great content and are never rewarded for their efforts. It’s a labor of love, but still a labor. There’s a secret to turning those games and apps into revenue. That’s what Asteri does. We use data science and analytics to give developers the ability to gauge user preferences and behavior.
Did I mention movies? Asteri uses the same data science to create and distribute online linear entertainment.
What we offer:
We believe that ideas drive success so we allow an open floor for them to be heard. Our teams work together in open spaces so that we can all be in constant communication. Flex vacation and the ability to help define your role and work style are a few of the benefits of working at Asteri Networks. We have frequent company outings and believe in fun!